So 90 days has come & gone! There are a lot of things I did not do and some I did…I DID keep going but seemed to have switched over to biking more often than running….have not been out to run is entirely too long actually.
Today I wanted to run.
I thought that was weird.
Then I looked at the calendar are realized that my first day in this journey was Jan 19!!
Soooooooo….this begs the question…..
Am I a runner??????
I would have to say that I am a beginner runner if anything but a runner none-the-less because I really do enjoy it after these 90 days.
It started a few weeks ago when I went through the worst pain e.v.e.r. Literally. Ever. Child birth was a breeze in comparison to a severely infected wisdom tooth. Had that removed and then tweaked my back then got sick….all that and my running career took a hiatus.
Started back over the weekend thanks to my hub and feeling totally fantastic. Even went out & got some Vibram’s!!! Wore them for yesterday’s walk/run and shockingly I have zero pain in my feet & legs like I thought I would! My ankles were mildly sore last night but today I am 100%! I feel weird in them…like I am running in socks. Weird.
The “big” news now….
Well, I have 2 things that could be considered “big” I guess, one FAR more exciting than the other…
1) Our first 5k is at the end of May!! The hub & I plan to do it together and I want to run the WHOLE thing!! (this is the least exciting but most ambitious of the 2)
2) We booked a cruise for Sept.!!! This will be our first vacation in almost 4 years and I am more excited than words can accurately describe.
So now comes the change in my workout…not only am I working towards a faster mile for the 5k but ALSO to get in [much much much better] shape. A shape other than round. A less lumpy shape. A shape closer to that of say…Jillian Michaels. I am eating tons of fruit and trying to stick to mainly water but I hate, hate, HATE dieting so I am trying to stay away from that term or concept by aiming for healthier foods instead of limiting myself to “X” amount of calories or carbs or fat or whatever each day.
164 days and I’ll be running the deck of a cruise ship :o)
A few tips today!
1. If you set out to write a blog about something you should actually post occasionally. Gaining readers is largely based on having something for them to read. (I know, shocking!)
2. Do not make excuses like “I’d rather eat Valentine candy while I read free Kindle books,” instead of doing what you set out to document in a fairly regular blog. (unless you set out to actually eat Valentine candy & read free Kindle books, that is….in which case, good for you!!)
3. Avoid wearing your hoodlie with pockets specifically so you can tote said Valentine candy along while you run..it defeats a lot of the purpose.
4. Do NOT whack your funny bone on the corner in the bathroom when you sit down to pee, it really hurts.
So, there you have it! I am not only physically lazy but lazy about blogging as well!! I have run, not near as much as I SHOULD be running, however. Today was BEAUTIFUL too, I would have had a fantastic run but I kept thinking how comfy I was sans sport bra and sneakers. BUT…..tomorrow I AM going and making it an extra long one! The kids are going with my in-laws to the zoo for a few [glorious] hours in the morning which leaves me open to run like the wind!!! More like a reeeeeally gentle yet kind of awkward breeze but I won’t have to worry about hurrying home to make dinner or any of that such nonsense! WIN!
Okay, not FORCED but almost. In the past 7 days there has only been ONE opportunity that I
could should have gone running.
I did not take it either because laundry was beckoning me and the hub is not fond of going to work pantsless. (what a baby. right?)
So I have a question for you today!
What is your bad weather/sick kid/afraid to run in the dark because you live in the sticks where there are no street lights & possible crazies workout?
Yoga? Jumping jacks? A particular DVD? Dancing?
I need some motivation to continue building endurance while I am unable to get out there & run!
I need motivation because I am pretty sure I heard my butt & thighs cry out in desperation when I sat on them in front of my computer yet again.
They’d appreciate anything at this point.